Through the YES programme successful applicants get one year work-based experience in their chosen field.
- A South African citizen
- Between 18 and 29 years of age
- Currently unemployed
- Currently residing within these fence line communities: Secunda, Sasolburg, Sandton, Rustenburg, Ekandustria, Germiston, Modderfontein (proof of residence will be required)
- Clerical / Administrative
- Matric with Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- Mechanical Fitters – Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- PLUS trade qualified at NQF4
Qualification and an interest in the undermentioned fields:
- Engineering: Electrical; Civil; Chemical; Control and Instrumentation; Chemistry
- Data and IT: Industrial Engineering; Analytics; Data Modelling; Statistics; Information Technology; Computer Science
- Commercial: Supply Chain; Logistics; Accounting; Inventory Control; Materials Management
- HR: Behavioral and Social Sciences; Industrial Psychology; Human Resources
- SHE: Safety, Physiotherapy, Environment, Quality; Fire Engineering; Process Safety; Product Stewardship; Occupational Hygiene
- Legal and Risk:Security; Auditing; Forensic; Governance; Compliance; Ethics
- Marketing: Communication; Media; Graphic Design
- Technical: Operations Management; Maintenance Planning; Project Management
- Mining: Mining Engineering; Survey; Geology; Explosives; GIS
- Real Estate:Property Development; Quantity Surveying; Town Planning
Leadership: Self-mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical: Functional skills and technical competencies may be required, depending on the nature of the role where the business considers placement of the YES-Learner.
Candidates wishing to apply for the Sasol undergraduate bursary must meet the following minimum requirements:
Learners currently in Grade 12 or candidates in their 1st year of study in 2020 must have the following
- Mathematics 70%,
- Physical Science 70%,
- English 60%, and
- must have obtained a pass in all other subjects.
Students who are currently enrolled for BSc or BEng (have completed at least the 1st year of study at a university) must have the following:
- A minimum of 50% in all subjects registered in 2019.
- Note that priority is given to students with exceptional academic records.
Applicants may apply online before 30 April 2020.
- Only South African citizens will be considered.
- Sasol does not offer bursaries to individuals studying at a private University.
- Sasol does not offer bursaries to individuals studying part time.
- Candidates who are awarded for a specific field of study may not change the particular field of study.
- Candidates may only study at an approved university.
- Change of institution is only allowed after written approval is obtained from Sasol.
How to Apply